What information do we collect about you and why ?
We collect and handle personal data directly from you or from third parties (in the context of a service).
We only collect the personal data necessary to carry out our mission.
The data processings that we conduct are there because either you have consented to it, because we are legally obliged to process the data (e.g. for audit purposes) or for our legitimate interests. You can find those reasons and legal bases hereunder.
● When you contact us through the contact form on this website, your name, first name and email address will be collected in order to provide you with the requested support. This data processing is based on your consent (article 6.1.a of the GDPR). We do not retain those contact details for longer than necessary to answer your request.
● When you provide services to us or we are taking steps to entering into a contract, we collect and handle personal data such as contact details and financial information necessary for the performance of the contract or to conclude it (article 6.1.b. of the GDPR) and to abide by our legal obligations (article 6.1.c of the GDPR). We retain those data for the duration of our contractual relationships augmented by the duration of our audit obligations.
● When we believe that contacting you is relevant for your and our business, we can also collect your contact details that you otherwise have made public. This data processing is based on our legitimate interests and aims at creating collaboration in our fields of activities (article 6.1.f of the GDPR). We retain those data as long as they are relevant.
● When you contact us to make use of your data subject rights, we process your contact details and the proof of your identity you send us in order to address your request. We can also depending on your request collect and handle other personal data we have collected also in order to address your request. This data processing is for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject (article 6.1.c of the GDPR). We will store those data for a duration of one year. This duration aims at having history of the case in case the data subject comes back with further request. Further, all our emails are
How do we manage your personal data?
● We never pass on your contact details to third parties for commercial purposes.
● We do not sell any personal data to third parties, nor do we pass on data to third parties.
How do we protect your personal data?
● Your personal data is handled in full confidentiality. We make all necessary effort to take technical and organisational measures that might be required so as to ensure security of your personal data. This is why we use various security technologies and measures to protect your data from all unauthorised access, use, loss or publication. Where appropriate, these technologies and measures are regularly tested and updated.
● In order to protect our internet sites and all the other servers, Meliore works with a specialised security partner.
● If, nevertheless, an incident arose involving your data, you would be personally informed of this, in line with current legal requirements.
● The number of employees who have access to your data is limited. Access to your personal data is only given to these carefully selected employees, if and when they need such information in order to carry out their work to enable the services we provide.
● When we do share personal data with external parties, a processing agreement is concluded that always ensures that there are (adequate) technical measures to guarantee the security of your data.
You have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you:
● right to request access to your data and rectification of your personal data.
● right to be forgotten in line with current legal requirements.
● where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that we will not make use of your data any longer. However, use made of your data in the past remains valid.
● You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data which is based on our legitimate interests.
To exercise those rights, please send us an email to privacy(a)meliorefoundation.org together with a proof of your identity. Please note that you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority of the European country of your choice.
IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Contact us via privacy(a)meliorefoundation.org
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. This website does make use of analytics cookies as explained hereunder.
_ga Google Analytics Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
_gat Google Analytics Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rates
_gid Google Analytics Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
What are my rights?
Would you like to get in touch or have a question for us?
Please use the contact form below.
We regret that we are unable to accept unsolicited funding requests.